I was doing theater and needed a steady source of income to meet my expenses. One day, I was sitting at my uncle's place and discussing the options available, when he suggested me to meet the CEO of an advertising agency, known to him. Not too keen, I went just for the heck of it. I waited for almost half an hour at the reception before I was called in. The CEO looked at my CV and asked, "So, what understanding you have got about advertising?" With utmost honesty, I said, "nothing sir." He took a deep breath and again asked "Ok, and what do you want to do in advertising?" A few days ago, I had read the word 'visualizer' in a recruitment advertisement that appeared in an English paper. Being a daydreamer, I immediately replied "Visualizing sir". Very smartly, he threw another question at me. "Do you know how to run a computer?" This time also, my answer was negative. Without losing his patience, he clarified that to become a visualizer, I needed to be computer savvy and have a degree in fine arts. He led me inside the creative section and explained its operation. I tried to understand as much as possible. We went back to his cabin. He thought for a while and then inquired, "can you write? I said," I can attempt. "He briefed me on a popular biscuit brand that was being handled by his agency and ordered me to write whatever I felt like writing. was given an hour's time to pen down my ideas. Being a Commerce graduate, I possessed no formal training in copywriting, but my theater experience came in handy. I wrote a few TVCs and slogans for the brand. He read those, thought something and asked me to come back after two days. I left his office and after two days, I went there again. The CEO gladly told me that I was being appointed as a trainee copywriter. As I had enjoyed writing scripts and slogans during the maiden encounter, I was glad to be a component of the creative team. Soon, my advertisements and radio spots started getting published / aired and copywriting became my passion and a full time profession. And after so many years, it still is ... my advertisements and radio spots started getting published / aired and copywriting became my passion and a full time profession. And after so many years, it still is ... my advertisements and radio spots started getting published / aired and copywriting became my passion and a full time profession. And after so many years, it still is ...
It will be great if you can help people in learning direct response copywriting
ReplyDeleteWe found your blog post while searching for information about Copywriting & copywriting services ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information.
ReplyDelete